Tuesday, May 1, 2007

LGV

WHAT IS LGV?

LGV (Lymphogranuloma venereum) is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by three strains of the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis. The visual signs include genital papule(s) (e.g., raised surface or bumps) and or ulcers, and swelling of the lymph glands in the genital area. LGV may also produce rectal ulcers, bleeding, pain, and discharge, especially among those who practice receptive anal intercourse. Genital lesions caused by LGV can be mistaken for other ulcerative STDs such as syphilis, genital herpes, and chancroid. Complications of untreated LGV may include enlargement and ulcerations of the external genitalia and lymphatic obstruction, which may lead to elephantiasis of the genitalia.

HOW COMMON IS LGV?

Signs and symptoms associated with rectal infection can be mistakenly thought to be caused by ulcerative colitis. While the frequency of LGV infection is thought to be rare in industrialized countries, its identification is not always obvious, so the number of cases of LGV in the United States is unknown. However, outbreaks in the Netherlands and other European countries among men who have sex with men (MSM) have raised concerns about cases of LGV in the U.S.

HOW DO PEOPLE GET LGV?

LGV is passed from person to person through direct contact with lesions, ulcers or other area where the bacteria is located. Transmission of the organism occurs during sexual penetration (vaginal, oral, or anal) and may also occur via skin to skin contact. The likelihood of LGV infection following an exposure is unknown, but it is considered less infectious than some other STDs. A person who has had sexual contact with a LGV-infected partner within 60 days of symptom onset should be examined, tested for urethral or cervical chlamydial infection, and treated with doxycycline, twice daily for 7 days.

WHAT ARE THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS?

LGV can be difficult to diagnose. Typically, the primary lesion produced by LGV is a small genital or rectal lesion, which can ulcerate at the site of transmission after an incubation period of 3-30 days. These ulcers may remain undetected within the urethra, vagina, or rectum. As with other STDs that cause ulcers, LGV may facilitate transmission and acquisition of HIV.

HOW IS LGV DIAGNOSED?

Because of limitations in a commercially available test, diagnosis is primarily based on clinical findings. Direct identification of the bacteria from a lesion or site of the infection may be possible through testing for chlamydia but, this would not indicate if the chlamydia infection is LGV. However, the usual chlamydia tests that are available have not been FDA approved for testing rectal specimens. In a patient with rectal signs or symptoms suspicious for LGV, a health care provider can collect a specimen and send the sample to his/her state health department for referral to CDC, which is working with state and local health departments to test specimens and validate diagnostic methods for LGV.

WHAT IS THE TREATMENT FOR LGV?

There is no vaccine against the bacteria. LGV can be treated with three weeks of antibiotics. CDC STD Treatment Guidelines recommend the use of doxycyline, twice a day for 21 days. An alternative treatment is erythromycin base or azithromycin. The health care provider will determine which is best.
If you have been treated for LGV, you should notify any sex partners you had sex with within 60 days of the symptom onset so they can be evaluated and treated. This will reduce the risk that your partners will develop symptoms and/or serious complications of LGV. It will reduce your risk of becoming re-infected as well as reduce the risk of ongoing transmission in the community. You and all of your sex partners should avoid sex until you have completed treatment for the infection and your symptoms and your partners’ symptoms have disappeared.
Note: Doxycycline is not recommended for use in pregnant women. Pregnant and lactating women should be treated with erythromycin. Azythromycin may prove useful for treatment of LGV in pregnancy, but no published data are available regarding its safety and efficacy. A health care provider (like a doctor or nurse) can discuss treatment options with patients.
Persons with both LGV and HIV infection should receive the same LGV treatment as those who are HIV-negative. Prolonged therapy may be required, and delay in resolution of symptoms may occur among persons with HIV.

HOW CAN LGV BE PREVENTED?

The surest way to avoid transmission of sexually transmitted diseases is to abstain from sexual contact, or to be in a long-term mutually monogamous relationship with a partner who has been tested and is asymptomatic and uninfected.
Male latex condoms, when used consistently and correctly, may reduce the risk of LGV transmission. Genital ulcer diseases can occur in male or female genital areas that may or may not be covered (protected by the condom).
Having had LGV and completing treatment does not prevent re-infection. Effective treatment is available and it is important that persons suspected of having LGV be treated as if they have it. Persons who are treated for LGV treatment should abstain from sexual contact until the infection is cleared.

6 comments:

  1. Mi vida es hermosa gracias a ti, Mein Helfer. Señor Jesús en mi vida como una luz de vela en la oscuridad. Me mostraste el significado de la fe con tus palabras. Sé que incluso cuando lloré todo el día pensando en cómo recuperarme, no estabas durmiendo, me querías mucho. Me puse en contacto con el centro de hierbas Dr. Itua, que vivía en África Occidental. Un amigo mío aquí en Hamburgo es también de África. Ella me habló de las hierbas africanas pero yo estaba nerviosa. Tengo mucho miedo cuando se trata de África porque escuché muchas cosas terribles sobre ellos debido a mi cristianismo. Dios para la dirección, dé un paso audaz y póngase en contacto con él en el correo electrónico y luego vaya a WhatsApp. Me preguntó si podía venir para recibir tratamiento o si quería una entrega. Le dije que quería saberlo. Compro el boleto. 2 maneras de llegar a África Para conocer al Dr. Itua, fui allí y me quedé sin palabras de las personas que vi allí. Patentes, personas enfermas. Itua es un dios enviado al mundo, le dije a mi pastor sobre lo que estoy haciendo, el pastor Bill Scheer. Tenemos una verdadera batalla bellamente con Espíritu y carne. Adoración esa misma noche. Él oró por mí y me pidió que dirigiera. Pasé 2 semanas y 2 días en África en el Dr. Itua Herbal Home. Después del tratamiento, me pidió que me reuniera con su enfermera para la prueba de VIH cuando lo hice. Fue negativo, le pedí a mi amigo que me llevara a otro hospital cercano cuando llegué, fue negativo. Estaba demasiado blanco con el resultado, pero feliz dentro de mí. Fuimos con el Dr. Itua, le agradezco pero le explico que no tengo lo suficiente como para mostrarle mi agradecimiento, que él entiende mi situación, pero le prometo que testificará sobre su buen trabajo. Gracias a Dios por mi querida amiga, Emma, ​​sé que podría estar leyendo esto ahora, quiero agradecerte. Y muchas gracias al Dr. Itua Herbal Center. Me dio su calendario que puse en mi pared en mi casa. El Dr. Itua también puede curar las siguientes enfermedades ... Cáncer, VIH, herpes, hepatitis B, hígado inflamatorio, diabetes, fribroide, enfermedad de Parkinson, enfermedad intestinal inflamatoria, fibromialgia, recupere su ex. Puede ponerse en contacto con él por correo electrónico o por Whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, número de teléfono .. + 2348149277967 .. Es un buen médico, hable con él amablemente. Estoy seguro de que él también te escuchará.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Day everyone, just want to share my experience here so you all should be more careful when contacting any herbalist for solution cos majority of the testimonies are fake and were the ones that fooled me.they all uses the same local code number (+234) cos i have been screwed by some of them.My Husband was suffering from Hsv for years and i went everywhere to get useful information that will help cure or suppress the disease.then i came across testimonies of those that took my hard earn money without any useful information or cure but they keep telling stories.about two months ago, a new staff was employed in my place of work and when He heard about my Husband Disease He was so remorseful and told me about Dr Emmanuel.but i felt it was still one of those Internet guys so i didn't call or text Dr Emmanuel. later that week, He asked me if i`ve heard from Dr Emmanuel and he gave me proof and reasons to try.well, lots of thanks to Dr Emmanuel cos as im writing this message, my Husband is CURED through the herbs that Dr Emmanuel sent to us.so after my experience, i decided to save some people from falling to the hands of SCAMS.thx for your time and if you require the service of Dr Emmanuel, you have to reach him via email: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com  or WhatsApp/Call +2348140073965
      you can also reach me on  +1(862) 260-4433  
      he have cure to all kinds of virus and disease,thank you Herpes,Hpv,Wart,Cancer,Hepatitis B,COPD,Brain Tumor Etc

      Delete
  2. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Dr. Itua, Traditional Herbal Practitioner in Africa, Have cured for HIV which is extracted from some rare herbals. It is highly potential to cure AIDS 100% without any residue. Dr Itua herbal medicine has already passed various blogs on how he use his powerful herbals to heal all kind of diseases such as. Herpes, HIV, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Epilepsy, also his herbal boost immune system as well. I'm telling this because he uses his herbal medicine to cure me from hepatitis B and HIV, which i have being living for 9 months now with no side effect. The Herbal Medicine is just as good when drinking it although i have to use rest room after drinking it which I do not really care about because i just want to get the virus out of my body, I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone sick out here to contact Dr Itua with this following information.
    Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com
    Whatsapp Or Call...+2348149277967.
    He might be late to respond because he always busy with patent, but he will surely get back to you with positive response.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lung cancer often goes unnoticed in its early stages. As the disease develops, a persistent cough  develop and chronic cough worsen. include chest pain, shortness of breath, hoarseness, bloody fluid coughed up from the respiratory tract, and frequent bouts of bronchitis or pneumonia. Sometimes the first was bone pain, headaches, dizziness,I was so piss off and tired of my life until i read about Dr Itua herbal medicine on blogspot i really thought it was scam when i first contacted him so little time i think about it and bought the herbal medicine which i took for three weeks and i was totally cured his treatment is so unique,I never thought i will be able to be free from Lung Cancer.But not only this Lung Cancer This great man can cure,Dr Itua also told me he can cure such diseases like... COLORECTAL CANCER,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer, BLADDER CANCER, PROSTATE CANCER, KIDNEY CANCER, LUNG CANCER, Lupus,SKIN CANCER,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Dementia. UTERINE CANCER,Pancreative Cancer, LEUKEMIA,HIV/AIDS,OVARIAN CANCER,BLOOD CANCER,Vulvar cancer,MEN/WOMAN INFERTILITY,BURKITT LYMPHOMA - NON-HODGKIN.BRONNCHIAL TUMORS, BRAIN TUMORS,BILE DUCT CANCER,BONE CANCER,VAGINAL CANCER,Cervical Cancer,HERPES VIRUS,LOVE SPELL,HEPATITIS,HE'S A GREAT HERBAL DOCTOR.HERE HIS CONTACT EMAIL::: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/. WHATSAPP:::+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natural herbs have treated so many illnesses that drugs and injections can't treat. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I read people's testimonies online on how they were treated of HSV, HPV, Herpes, Liver diseases, Anxiety, Fever ,diarrhoea, aches and pains, sore throat , etc , by natural medicine, so I decided to contact the Naturopath Dr because I know nature has the power to heal anything. Believe it or not. but I am a living testimony. There is no harm trying natural herbs. Contact Dr on, text/call via: +1 (719) 629 0982 ,For herbs and medications. Or you can also contact through his Facebook page @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy.

    ReplyDelete